Welcome to the Madison Brewing Co. Brewers Blog.
We hope to use this space as a place to keep our loyal fans up to date as to the happenings in the Brew House.
December 9, 2014
BURNT! American Brown Ale brewed with Hemp Seed is on Tap and delicious! Here are a few photos of the brew…
November 19, 2014
WOW, what happened? Well, we have been making new and delicious beer. So, most importantly, what beers are on tap and coming down the pipe?
Specialties on Tap:
- Vanilla Coconut Porter: Yes, thats not a typo! We took our delicious Porter and added copious amounts of Organic coconut and plump Vanilla Beans. The coconut was roasted to golden and added in all steps of the brewing process. Expect a flavor explosion of rich chocolate, silky smooth coconut, and pure vanilla. All these intense flavors meld together to create a wonderful taste sensation like no other. 7% abv.
- HopBack IPA: Not technically a speciality but Will has made some changes and its better than ever. Apollo is now utilized late in the boil and in our Hop Back for a incredible dank taste and aroma. 7%abv. 75ibus
- BURNT!: VERY excited about this one! American Brown Ale brewed with Hemp. seed. This rich and creamy Brown ale is smooth and refreshing with a hint of roast from chocolate malt. The creamyness comes from oats and a generous addition of hemp seed. Hopped with all Citra in the kettle for a crisp but subtle hop presence and dry hopped with Falconers Flight. Hemp seeds are very nutritious and considered a super food with no THC so no need to worry about drug tests! 6.2avb. 45ibus
- Russian Imperial Stout: A fan favorite every year. This is a big and bold stout with a ton of chocolate and coffee overtones. Not overly sweet and no alcohol burn this one is almost too easy to drink. Like a warm sweater on a cold winter night this beer will warm the soul and tingle the tastebuds. 8.8avb. 50ibus
We have a ton of new beers coming this winter and into spring so check back often.
August 6, 2014
July 28, 2014
July 9, 2014
It’s been a while since our last update but you know…it’s SUMMER! We took a little break to get recharged and boy did it pay off. Tons of new and fresh beer coming your way. First, lets talk HopBack IPA. We blew through our last batch so fast we are currently out till early next week. We decided to only thing about the HopBack that wasn’t where we want it was the aroma. We have Open Fermenters here at Madisons so all our great hoppy aromas literally blow out the top. So, we have tried a new approach to capture and hold in the delicious hoppy aroma…fingers crossed. Also, we brewed a fresh batch of our very popular Mosiac IPA which should hit the taps late next week. And if that isn’t enough Will took some time and re-imagined our Wassicks Wit recipe and we brewed the new recipe last weekend. Samples from the fermenter indicate its gonna be really good. Additionally, Will is brewing a new beer, Dunkelweizen, this week which is a unique beer and we are pleased to be able to offer some many diverse beer styles. Still on the brew list is a Saison and a Single Hop Galaxy which we will be utilizing the freshly harvested 2014 Galaxy hops! And last and certainly not least our Barrel Aged treat is maturing nicely. It is currently resting in our barrels and a recent sample confirms a velvety chocolate and slight coffee flavor to which we added a special treat…think maple, bourbon, and vanilla!
So much happening in the brewhouse!! First and foremost, a super FRESH batch of HopBack IPA was just put on tap! Brewer Will has been constantly tweaking the recipe to get it right where it needs to be and he is very happy with the latest changes. The new IPA in our, “Single Hop Series” will be featuring the Mosiac hop. Samples off the fermenter indicate that this one will be a huge hit. Think incredible tropical fruit juice explosion! It should make its way to the tap by mid-june. Brewer Will was also busy this week crafting a new beer destined for our Barrel Aging program. Will brewed a Robust Porter that will have a silky mouthfeel followed by rich chocolate and caramel sweetness. This should lend itself perfectly for an extended stay in out Heaven Hill Bourbon Barrels. This one won’t be ready till fall so look for it around Week 3 of the NFL Regular Season. Madison Brewing Co. will also be attending the Brewgrass Festival at the Sugarbush Resort on June 14. It should be a great time and if your interested in attending your out of luck as its sold out. But look for us at numerous Beer Festivals throughout the summer such as the Joe Bruno Stadium Beer Festival and the Vermont Brewers Festival.
- HefeWeizen: A Traditional German wheat beer utilizing the famous Weihenstephan Weizen Yeast
- Spring Saison: This one is still Top Secret so more info to come…..
- Single Hop IPA: Mosiac: Brewed with only Base Malt and Mosiac hops…very excited about this one!